Windows cannot open d:sources\install.wim
I have a fresh ISO burned to dvd and I cannot get the software to install on anything. I have tried desktops, laptops, servers and I get the same error. I have tried installing server 2003 1st, I have tried a formated h/d fro a fresh install and no luck. I really need to get this built up as I have a newly purchase copy of sharepoint I wanted to install on it adn hate to install it on server 2003.
April 24th, 2008 6:52pm

Hello, This sounds like some corruption occurred during you downloaded the ISO or during you burned it to the DVD media. I would like to suggest that you re-download the ISO file and re-burn it to a clean DVD media. Please also note that you may need to try some other kinds of burning applications and see if it can work. Meanwhile, you may take a look at the following blog which may help. Many other customers who experienced similar issues shared their experience. http://keithelder.net/blog/archive/2006/11/17/Part-2-Installing-Windows-Vista-Cannot-find-file-d-sources-install-wim.aspx Best regards, Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2008 2:02pm

I downloaded Windows Server 2008 R2 from my Microsoft Partner, burned the ISO image to a DVD and got a "The installation was cancelled" message because D:\Sources\Install.wim was 'corrupt or missing'. Following suggestions from Microsoft here and elsewhere on the web, I downloaded another copy of the ISO file... this time from Technet... and burned a DVD... this time from a different machine. Got the same error message [Error code: 0x80070570] I called Microsoft tech support and they offered to help me for $250; otherwise they suggested I keep doing the same thing and expecting different results!!! And they wonder why so many hate Microsoft?
November 24th, 2009 9:20pm

I had similar problem. What I did was to extract the ISO image before burning the files to disk; instead of burning the ISO image directly. Hope this help someone who might encounter similar problem.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2010 3:38am

Hello Techforce, Please explain "extract the ISO image" I have been having this same issue for a few days now and has also tried everything.
August 4th, 2010 9:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics